We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
• Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
• Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
• Any other information that you choose to send to us
2. Using Your Personal Data
We may use your personal information to:
• Administer the website
• Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
• Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
• Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
• To the extent that we are required to do so by law
• In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
• In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
4. Security Of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure, password- and firewall- protected servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
5. Policy Amendments
6. Your Rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
7. Third Party Websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
8. Updating Information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Birtley (Portobello) Golf Club